What is “talk so kids will listen”?
The Faber and Mazlish approach invites parents to talk and listen differently to move towards more family serenity, to understand why their requests often go unanswered, and to learn how to welcome emotions, encourage cooperation, gain serenity, resolve family conflicts.
9 good reasons to do it
How does the workshop happen?
The workshops are aimed at all adults who wish to improve their relationship with children by experiencing a different way of communicating in our usual way and observing the consequences.
That’s why each meeting, lasting approximately 2h-2h30, takes place in a fun atmosphere using concrete examples, scenarios, comics and role plays.
Public: parents (without kids).
Maximum families: between 6 and 10 families.
The limited number of participants and a charter of non-judgment promote exchanges with confidence.
Duration: 7 sessions x 2h00/2h30.
Classes are organized in 7 weekly workshops of 2h30. During the week, you and your infant are able to integrate all the information of the session and used it by practicing quietly at home.
* Help children/ teens struggle with their painful feelings.
* Encourage the child/ teen’s cooperation without endless daily arguments.
* Replace the punishment while expressing disagreement and encouraging the child/ teen to take responsibility for his / her behavior. Problem solving.
* Encourage autonomy.
* Use compliments to help children/ teens develop a positive image of themselves.
* Help children/ teenagers to get rid of the roles in which they are locked up and prevent them from blossoming: the clumsy, the timid, the lazy, the princess, the excited, etc.
Place: In class (not by Skype).
You need to buy the participant’s notebook and the accompanying book.